The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
Sure, sticking around your hometown will save you money. But it is a good idea for your long-term development as a grownup?
At some point, whether you wait until you finish college or take care of it sooner, moving out is an essential part of becoming an adult. Getting out of your hometown, even if it’s just for a year, can go a long way toward helping you learn new things and practice skills that can help you become an independent adult.
- Why moving out of your hometown can be an advantage.
- The importance of gaining new insights and meeting new people.
- How you can reinvent yourself away from stereotypes and baggage.
- Advantages of getting out of your comfort zone and stretching yourself.
- Tips for moving out in an affordable manner.
- How to have cultural experiences without breaking the bank.
- Making the most of your time away from your hometown.
- How to decide when to move back to your hometown.
- Coming back to your hometown after you’ve been away.
This week, DO NOWs revolve around preparing to move out. It’s about researching potential places to live, and figuring out how you can move forward with the experience.
This week’s listener question addresses feeling trapped. We look at how taking steps for moving out can help you move forward in your life — even if you can’t move out quite yet.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!