The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
You love your parents. But are they having a hard time with the idea that you’re a grownup now? It might be time to establish boundaries. It might be difficult, but you need to figure out how to change the relationship dynamic to something healthier.
- Dangers of letting your parents treat you like a child.
- How to learn how to adult when your parents are babying you.
- Relationship problems that come when you don’t establish boundaries with your parents.
- Which boundaries to set with your parents, including parenting your own children and relationships with your S.O.
- How to ask for help and advice without reverting to being treated like a kid.
- Tips to help you establish boundaries effectively.
- How to identify the boundaries that need to be set.
- Ways to offer a consolation prize to your parents.
- Reasons to establish boundaries and stick to them.
Our DO NOWs this week focus on reviewing what’s bothering you and honestly evaluating whether or not it’s a breach of boundaries. We also talk about creating a script and practicing so that you are ready to have this difficult conversation with your parents.
A listener this week is tired of being badgered about plans for work and dating. We talk about how to help your parents understand that you’re satisfied and they need to back up and be happy for you.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!