The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
One of the best ways to get ahead in your career and in life is to learn from someone else. If you can find a mentor, you have the benefit of wisdom and experience.
But how does one go about finding a mentor? And what can you do to maintain a good relationship with a mentor?
- How it can help your business and life to find a mentor.
- How a mentor can help your career.
- Advantages of an outside view.
- The importance of learning from others and benefitting from their experiences.
- Tips to help you find a mentor.
- How to get referrals from your networ for a mentor.
- How to use mentorship to network and find new opportunities.
- Tips for developing a good relationship with your mentor.
- What you need to know about choosing the right mentor for you.
As you prepare to find a mentor, this week’s DO NOWs can help. Start by identifying one area of your life you want to work on, whether it’s money, career, or your health. Pick one area of focus. Write down the names of people in your network who can help in your area of focus. Ask one of the people on that list to lunch or coffee.
This week, our listener question deals with concerns about using a mentor someone else picks out for you. We talk about taking a chance, and how to identify if the mentoring relationship is going to work early on.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!