The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
Choosing health insurance is a huge PITA. You know it. We know it. Everyone knows it.
Unfortunately, it has to be done.
In this episode, we talk about the realities of the health care system, and we discuss what you need to know when navigating your choices. It’s never pretty, but you can make the best of the situation.
- An overview of the health care and insurance system.
- Reasons that choosing health coverage is so difficult.
- What you need to know about costs and health care coverage.
- The ACA and your health care choices.
- Tips for figuring out what coverage you need.
- Strategies for evaluating your health insurance options.
- Understanding health insurance alphabet soup: HMO, HSA, PPO, EPO.
- When a high-deductible plan might make sense (and when to avoid it).
- Ideas for reducing health care costs.
Pay attention to our “do nows” so that you can start mapping out your next steps for getting the right health insurance, including understanding how provider networks work. Our listener question deals with your options for affordable health insurance.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!
Edited and mixed bySteve Stewart