The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
It’s easy to think of customer service representatives as irrelevant. Other service workers often get very little of our attention — and civility.
But one of the best things you can do is recognize the humanity of other people. And that includes being your best self and treating everyone well, no matter how lowly their jobs.
Plus, when you’re decent to others, there’s a good chance you can get better customer service and more of what you want.
- Ways customer service reps can actually help you.
- The importance of service jobs like those done at the store or in the restaurant.
- Tips for speaking with customer service reps and others so you are more likely to get what you want.
- When to ask for a supervisor.
- How to get a discount.
- When and how to turn to social media to get what you want.
- The importance of thanking others for their help.
This week’s DO NOWs are fairly straightforward and include thinking through your customer service call before you make it. It’s all about preparing ahead of time so you know what to say, and so that you say it with calm confidence.
One reader wonders about all the great deals others are always talking about. While other people tend to get amazing discounts, our reader struggles. We have suggestions on how to get what others receive.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!