The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
One of the first things personal finance experts tell you when it comes to saving your money life is to trim the fat from your budget.
It’s all about looking for savings. Free up that cash. Cut all the things!
The problem with this approach?
Once you get right down to it, there’s only so much you can cut from your budget. Eventually, you’ll be down to the bone, with nowhere left to go. At that point, you need more than someone telling you the secret is in saving $5 a week on your groceries with coupons.
If you’re poor AF and wondering where to go next, there is hope. It takes planning, work, and time. It’s not fun, but it’s doable.
- How to know that you really can’t cut any more from your budget.
- How chronic health issues and other circumstances can limit your choices.
- Why it’s so difficult to get back on top once you start falling behind.
- The importance of finding ways to earn more income.
- Tips for looking for a second job.
- How to use the sharing economy to make a few extra bucks.
- Ideas for home-based ways to earn money.
- Ideas for side hustles that can get you earning almost instantly.
- Community resources to look for when you need help stretching your budget.
- How to approach your support system and loved ones for help.
- Tips for approaching your creditors to make payment arrangements.
- The importance of getting psychological help when you need it.
This week, the “do nows” revolve around honestly evaluating your situation and making a list of your resources. What can you expect in terms of help from others? What are the realities of your budget situation. We’ll help you figure out where you are right now so you can begin making a plan of attack.
This week’s listener question is about a circumstance many of us can relate to. What happens when you fall behind and things just keep piling up? What do you do? We take a look at the options, and how you can take small steps today to start breaking the cycle.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. We would really appreciate the feedback!