The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
The recent election was one of the most divisive and difficult political events in recent history. On the national level, the rhetoric took its toll on our national discourse and even on family relationships.
However, national politics aren’t all there is to civics. In fact, it can be a good idea to take things down a few notches. If you really want to make a difference, your best bet might actually be to get involved with local politics.
In this episode, we look at what it takes to get involved, and how you can do more to make a difference.
- Why are we so obsessed with national politics?
- How voter apathy impacts the quality of leadership we have in our country.
- What are some of the barriers to voting locally?
- How to find different offices to run for in your community.
- If you don’t want to run for office, how can you get involved in local politics?
- How to find out what matters to you.
- Tips for looking around to see what impacts you at the local level.
- How to handle political disagreements without being disagreeable.
This week’s “do-nows” provide you with ideas for figuring out how to take the first step in getting involved with local politics. It can be as simple as attending a city council meeting to see what issues are being talked about in your community.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on iTunes. We would really appreciate the feedback!
Edited and mixed bySteve Stewart