The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
At some point, there’s a chance that you’ll end up facing job loss.
Whether you are laid off, or whether you are fired, this can be a very challenging time. You have to worry about your finances, figure out what’s next, and hope that your job loss doesn’t negatively impact your search for a new job.
Being fired is a more serious situation than being laid off, unfortunately. The implication is that you did something very wrong — even if you feel like you didn’t deserve to be fired.
If you are facing job loss, this episode can help you figure out how to get back on your feet.
- The difference between being fired and being laid off.
- How to find out why you were fired.
- Illegal reasons for your job loss.
- Do you qualify for unemployment benefits?
- Tips for handling the situation when you are fired.
- How to review your finances in the face of a job loss.
- Tips for reaching out to your network to find a new job.
- How to respond when you are being discriminated against or harassed.
This week’s “do-nows” focus on what you can take care of now — ahead of a job loss. Be on the lookout for discrimination, and always have your resume updated, just in case you are suddenly fired.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on iTunes. We would really appreciate the feedback!
Edited and mixed bySteve Stewart