The best way to support Adulting.tv is to subscribe and leave us an honest review. Thank you!
International travel is expected to increase by 35% in the next 10 years. If you are ready to go overseas and experience a different culture, there are a few things you need to be aware of.
Travel can be an amazing experience — if you’re prepared. In this episode, we look at what you need to do in order to get ready for international travel.
- Reasons you should consider international travel at some point.
- The value of experiencing new cultures and viewpoints.
- Opportunities when you take the time to get to know others of different cultures.
- An over view of the need for a passport and (maybe) visas for international travel.
- The advantages of having a credit card when you travel.
- Learn about the culture and norms ahead of time so you know what to expect.
- Look up immunization requirements. You might need shots.
- Be ready for phone service issues. Check with your provider ahead of time.
- Consider a tour or cruise for your first experience if you are unsure of how to proceed.
- Safety tips and procedures to consider when you take children on international travel.
Ready for international travel? This week’s DO NOWs are all about getting ready to plan your next trip. Pick one country you would like to visit. Learn about it, and what you need to know if you want to go there. Start planning your trip. If you don’t have one, start the application process for a passport.
Our listener question this week tackles what happens if your partner doesn’t want to travel. We have some ideas you can try if you want to encourage them to join you in international travel.
Become a Friend of Adulting
To get Adulting delivered directly to your device, subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or your app of choice.
Join the Friends of Adulting! Please leave an honest review on iTunes. We would really appreciate the feedback!